porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome (PRRS),
in injectable freeze-dried tablet
Live attenuated porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus (PRRSV), strain VP-046 BIS: 103.5-105.5 CCID50.
Breeding females: For active immunisation of breeding females from farms affected by European PRRS virus in order to reduce reproductive disorders. Vaccination reduced the negative impact of PRRS virus infection on piglet performance (mortality and weight gain) within the first 28 days of life.
Pigs: For active immunisation of pigs from farms affected with European PRRS virus to reduce clinical signs associated with a PRRS virus infection, the incidence and duration of viraemia and the duration of virus shedding by infected animals. Under field conditions, a reduction in mortality and in the negative effects of infection on daily weight gain was demonstrated.
Intramuscular or intradermal route.
- For intradermal route, a suitable device must be used.
- Shake gently until complete resuspension of the freeze-dried tablet before administration.
- Once reconstituted, administer the vaccine within four hours at most.
2 ml via intramuscular injection or 0.2 ml via intradermal administration. For an optimal control of PRRS virus, it is advised to mass vaccinate all target pigs within a herd from the earliest recommended age onwards.
- Gilts: Vaccinate 4 weeks before mating.
- Sows: Vaccinate 2 weeks before mating or at 8-9 weeks of gestation. For simultaneous use with ERYSENG® PARVO in breading females from 6 months of age, the mixed administration of UNISTRAIN® PRRS and ERYSENG® PARVO should only be used when vaccinating animals prior to mating.
Pigs: from 4 weeks of age.
SIDE EFFECTS & CONTRAINDICATIONS:
- Do not use in case of hypersensitivity to the active ingredient or to any of the excipients.
- Do not use in naïve herds in which the presence of European PRRSV has not been established through reliable diagnostic virological methods.
INTERACTION WITH OTHER MEDICINAL PRODUCTS:
Safety and efficacy data are available which demonstrate that this vaccine can be mixed with ERYSENG® PARVO and administrated at one injection site. The product literature of ERYSENG® PARVO should be consulted before administration of the mixed products. Administer the mixture of these two vaccines within a maximum period of two hours after reconstitution.
Vaccinate healthy animals only. Vaccinated females may excrete the vaccine strain for up to nine days following vaccination by nasal secretions. In some cases, faecal excretion can also occur. The vaccine strain can spread to non-vaccinated cohabitant animals, including the foetus during pregnancy and piglets after partum without any clinical consequence. Therefore, special precautions should be taken to avoid spreading to susceptible animals, if necessary. Newly introduced PRRSV-naïve females should be vaccinated prior to pregnancy. Can be used during pregnancy and lactation. No information is available on the safety and efficacy of this vaccine when used with any other veterinary medicinal product except with ERYSENG® PARVO.
SPECIAL STORAGE PRECAUTIONS:
- Lyophilisate: store and transport refrigerated (+2 °C to +8 ºC).
- Solvent: store and transport below +20 °C. Do not freeze. Protect from light.
Box of 10 doses of freeze-dried tablet + bottle of 20 ml of solvent.
Box of 50 doses of freeze-dried tablet + bottle of 100 ml of solvent.
Box of 10 bottles of 10 or 50 doses of freeze-dried powder.
Box of 10 bottles of 20 or 100 ml of solvent.
Box of 50 doses of freeze-dried tablet + bottle of 10 ml of solvent.
Box of 100 doses of freeze-dried tablet + bottle of 20 ml of solvent.
Box of 125 doses of freeze-dried tablet + bottle of 25 ml of solvent.
The information contained in this page is purely informative and is in no way to be taken as strict prescription guidelines. This information may vary from one country to another based on local legislations. To know the exact and valid prescription information for your area, please contact us.