Each dose contains:
Live attenuated PRRSV, strain VP-046 BIS: 103.5-105.5 CCID50. (Cell culture infectious dose)
Breeding females: For active immunisation of breeding females from farms affected with European PRRS virus to
reduce reproductive disorders, incidence and duration of viraemia, transplacental virus transmission, virus tissue load and clinical signs associated with infection with strains of PRRS virus.
Under laboratory conditions, vaccination of females reduced the negative impact of PRRS virus infection on piglet performance (mortality and weight gain) within the first 28 days of life.
Pigs from 4 weeks of age: For active immunisation of pigs from farms affected with European PRRS virus to reduce clinical signs associated with a PRRS virus infection, the incidence and duration of the viraemia and the duration of virus shedding by infected animals. Under experimental conditions, it was demonstrated that vaccination reduces the virus tissue load in the lungs. Under field conditions, where a PRRSV infection occurred during the fattening period, a reduction in mortality and in the negative effects of infection on daily weight gain was demonstrated.
Intramuscular or intradermal route.
- For intradermal route, a suitable device must be used.
- Shake gently until complete resuspension of the freeze-dried tablet before administration.
- Once reconstituted, administer the vaccine within four hours at most.
2 ml via intramuscular injection or 0.2 ml via intradermal administration. For an optimal control of PRRS virus, it is advised to mass vaccinate all target pigs within a herd from the earliest recommended age onwards.
- Gilts: Vaccinate 4 weeks before mating.
- Sows: Vaccinate 2 weeks before mating or at 8-9 weeks of gestation. For simultaneous use with ERYSENG® PARVO in breading females from 6 months of age, the mixed administration of UNISTRAIN® PRRS and ERYSENG® PARVO should only be used when vaccinating animals prior to mating.
Pigs: from 4 weeks of age.
SIDE EFFECTS & CONTRAINDICATIONS:
- Do not use in case of hypersensitivity to the active ingredient or to any of the excipients.
- Do not use in naïve herds in which the presence of European PRRSV has not beenestablished through reliable diagnostic virological methods.
INTERACTION WITH OTHER MEDICINAL PRODUCTS:
Safety and efficacy data are available which demonstrate that this vaccine can be mixed with ERYSENG® PARVO and administrated at one injection site. The product literature of ERYSENG® PARVO should be consulted before administration of the mixed products. Administer the mixture of these two vaccines within a maximum period of two hours after reconstitution.
Vaccinate healthy animals only. Vaccinated females may excrete the vaccine strain for up to nine days following vaccination by nasal secretions. In some cases, faecal excretion can also occur. The vaccine strain can spread to non-vaccinated cohabitant animals, including the foetus during pregnancy and piglets after partum without any clinical consequence. Therefore, special precautions should be taken to avoid spreading to susceptible animals, if necessary. Newly introduced PRRSV naïve females should be vaccinated prior to pregnancy. Can be used during pregnancy and lactation.
The safety of the vaccine, when administered beyond 60 days of pregnancy, has not been studied.
No information is available on the safety and efficacy of this vaccine when used with any other veterinary medicinal product except with ERYSENG® PARVO.